Have you ever wondered what the most common pests are in Portland, Oregon? Portland is home to all sorts of weird and wonderful animals including some very common pests. So, what are little critters should you be watching out for this winter?
Are Bugs a Problem in Oregon?
Bugs are indeed a problem in Oregon! The most common bug infestation we encounter include ant infestations, wasp nests, roaches, and flea infestations.
Are there Eco-Friendly Ways to Deal with Pests?
Yes, there is! Campbell Natural Pest Control is proud to provide professional eco-friendly pest control solutions to neighbors and businesses across Oregon. From Beaverton to Fairview to Portland you can count on us to get the job done.
So, how do we do it?
- We work one-on-one with homeowners to devise an eco-friendly approach to their pest problems.
- We avoid nasty chemicals and poisons which can harm surrounding wildlife and the environment.
- We find the source of the infestation and deal with it appropriately.
Are Rats a Common Pest in Oregon?
Yes! Rats and mice are huge pests in Oregon, especially during winter! These pesky little rodents search for a warm place to hunker down and call home during the cold winter months! And, of course, attics, crawlspaces, and even our walls are perfect places for them to build their nests.
It’s also worth mentioning that food is scarce in winter, so rodents tend to look at nestling next to humans.
Are Ant Infestations Common in Portland?
Ants are everywhere and can become quite a problem for residents of Portland, OR. There’s no doubt about it; ant infestations are a common pest problem we see throughout the season.
Now there are a few things that attract ants to a home some of these include:
- A heat source: Electrical currents release heat, creating a warm climate which is perfect for ants seeking shelter during the winter months.
- A food source: house ants are drawn to a sweet food source.
- A water source: They also love warm, sheltered, and humid conditions. They rely on such conditions to build nests and colonies. A water source is one of the most important environmental factors that attract ants to a home.
Are Fleas a Problem in Portland Oregon?
Heck yes! Flea infestations are a common problem in Portland, especially during the spring and summer months. The best way to prevent a flea infestation is to ensure our dogs and cats receive regular flea treatment.
Can an exterminator get rid of fleas?
Yes! Professional exterminators know the in’s and out’s of flea control and extermination. Campbell Natural Pest Control strives to provide natural solutions to flea infestations in Portland.
After identifying the source and extent of the flea infestation, we begin the tedious process of creating a strategy that eliminates fleas and its eggs within a few weeks!
Talk to us today to learn more about natural flea extermination in Portland!
Most Common Pests in Portland, OR by Season!
From Fairview to Portland, it doesn’t matter where you are because pests can strike from nowhere! Here we’ve created a list of the most common pests you’re likely to see during each season.
Common Summer Pests in Oregon.
- Fleas & ticks
Common Pests in Autumn.
- Wildlife including raccoons, squirrels, and possums.
- Rats and mice
- Wasps and hornets
- Spiders and various other insects.
Common Pests in Winter.
- Rats and mice
- Wildlife infestations: During the winter months, raccoons, Possums commonly nest in attics.
- Ants, of course!
Common Pests in Spring.
- Fleas and ticks.
- Hornets and wasps.
- Rats and mice.
- Silverfish and more!