The sheer number of ants in Portland makes them our most common nuisance pest. Our Portland natural ant service covers all non-wood destroying ants, such as odorous house ants (often called sugar ants), pavement ants, and harvester ants.
for a one time treatment. $75 for a follow up if needed within 45 days of the first treatment.
per quarter for our quarterly service
Most customers only need one visit, but some situations may require multiple treatments. Factors that make natural ant control more challenging include the size of the infestation and if the nest is unreachable (such as inside a wall cavity or on a neighbor’s property).
What’s Included in Our Portland Natural Ant Service?
- To start off, we identify the pest, as control measures will differ from species to species.
- Next, we inspect the interior and exterior of your home to check for entry points and pheromone trails.
- Then, we destroy any visible nests or trails.
- We typically apply a perimeter application of a natural powder and/or spray along with targeting nests.
- When necessary, we place baits in strategic locations to avoid contact with pets and children while eliminating the largest number of ants.
- We’ll recommend changes you can make to reduce attractants – prevention is the most natural type of pest control.
What You Can Do
- Store your food in air tight containers.
- Wipe down your countertops daily in order to get rid of crumbs and ant pheromone trails.
- Keep pet food out of reach by creating a moat in a pie plate.
- Make periodic checks for damp or decaying wood.
- Prune plants so they’re at least 1 foot away from the house.
Please note that we do not treat for carpenter ants or moisture ants but will gladly refer you to someone who can.
Have more ant related questions? Give us a call. Need help with a different pest? Click here.