At first, spiders may appear intimidating, but most of our fear of them is unfounded. Spiders pose virtually no threat to human health or safety in Portland. In fact, they help us by fending off insects that actually do pose a threat to us. According to the Oregon Department of Agriculture, the black widow spider is the only potentially dangerous spider in Oregon; however, we understand that sometimes, you may want to control the amount of spiders that are present in your home. Homes with larger spider infestations of any kind will benefit from our Portland natural spider service.
for a one time treatment. $75 for a follow up if needed within 45 days of the first treatment.
for our Quarterly Service.
How We Control Spiders Naturally
- We conduct a full interior and exterior inspection of your home, to start. This allows us to check for entry points and assess what might be attracting spiders to your home.
- Next, we strategically place poison free traps in order to aid in identification and to monitor the size of the infestation.
- Then, we remove any exterior webs within reach up to 28 ft.
- When necessary, we apply a natural perimeter spray.
- We also walk you through changes you can make at home in order to reduce attractants. Prevention is the most natural form of spider control.
What You Can Do
- Close your curtains every night. Insects are attracted to the light and spiders are attracted to the insects.
- Reduce clutter and clean regularly in order to cut back on spider breeding areas.
- Keep a foot wide perimeter around your home clear of shrubs, garbage, lawn debris, woodpiles, etc.
- Remove any standing water around the property in order to reduce the number of watering sites.
- Lastly, place sticky traps around your home near windows, corners, and other places you typically find spiders in your home.