There are many different species of wasps found throughout the USA. If you have stinging wasps in your home or yard, you’ll want to know more about poison free wasp removal. Two of the most common stinging wasps found in Oregon are the yellowjackets, who commonly build their nests in the ground, paper wasps, and hornets.
You may be curious about wasp control if you’ve noticed several of them flying around a specific area, hear buzzing inside a wall void, or see just one or two coming and going from an entry point inside the home. Maybe you have encountered a wasp or nest that has felt threatened and have felt their sting. In this article, we’ll explain how to both prevent wasps and how we can help you get rid of an existing nest.
How Do You Prevent Wasps?
First, let’s discuss what can be done to keep wasps away you’re your yard and home in the first place. Prevention is always the most natural type of pest control. There are many tips and tricks a pest control service will give you, but these are our top picks:
- Cover any garbage cans in the area and keep areas free of exposed food.
- Wasp nests tends to be empty (low population) over the winter months, so this is an excellent time to call your local wasp control exterminator as they can remove the nest quickly.
- Get gardening! Clove, lemongrass, peppermint, and geranium are just some plants that appear to repel wasps and other insects.
How Do You Get Rid of Wasp Nests?
Wasps are generally not aggressive; however, if their nest is threatened, they can cause quite a lot of damage to humans with their continuous stings. Traditionally, pest control service providers and exterminators use various tactics to eliminate nests. These may include a combination of pesticides and insecticidal dust, which can be sprayed directly on the nest. This gradually kills its residents.
Natural Wasp Control in Portland
Looking for a natural wasp control and extermination in Portland?
When dealing with a wasp nest, Campbell Natural Pest Control always recommends seeking the advice and skills of a professional wasp nest exterminator. Our focus is to provide homeowners with the option of choosing natural wasp removal and control methods.
So, how do we do it?
- Physically removing any wasp nest that’s lingering around your property.
- Setting traps around nuisance areas, decreasing the ground wasp nest population.
- Only using insecticides when it’s safe to do so! Insecticide dust is commonly used on underground wasp nests and can be very effective when nests are out of reach, in the ground, or in walls.